lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Problems with a HTTP server - DHCP - etharp.c - v2.1.2

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Problems with a HTTP server - DHCP - etharp.c - v2.1.2
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2019 11:14:40 +0100

stevestrong wrote:
> Just as final comment to close this issue:
>
> In the new Version (2.x) the DHCP should not be stopped by the application
> (*do not call dhcp_stop()*), as the STM32 application does for v1.4, when an
> IP address has been assigned.

That has nothing to do with the new version: you should never stop DHCP when
using an address assigned by it! Maybe the old version had a bug that did not
delete the address when stopping the client...

> So this is not a bug, it is a feature ;).
>
> PS. I will not delete this topic, should serve as information for anyone
> else struggling with this.

How could you delete a topic from a mailing list? Mails are sent out, the
archive holds them.

> --
> Sent from: http://lwip.100.n7.nabble.com/lwip-users-f3.html

Oh, you're using nabble... :-(