lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Threading Question using LWIP with TM4C1294NCPDT

From: Jan Menzel
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Threading Question using LWIP with TM4C1294NCPDT
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2018 15:39:18 +0200

On 26.10.2018 10:27, vr roriz wrote:
>> and only one interrupt runs at a time and isn't interrupted by another
>> interrupt while using
> lwIP - you should be safe.
>
> Simon, could you clarify why nesting interrupts are a problem and
> non-nesting are not? Do you mean that, if an interrupt executes lwIP
> code then it should not be interrupted by another?
> My interrupts never execute lwIP code, they just trigger processes
> that run lwIP, and all of these processes have the same priority.

Vitor, make sure your processes are never cycled by the scheduler
otherwise you'll violate the threading requirements. I'd suggest to just
have a single thread for lwip and use a mailbox or similar to trigger
certain actions. The OS will take care that you can write into the
mailbox from any interrupt/thread/timer.

        Jan