lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] LWIP can't find output route

From: gzayzay
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] LWIP can't find output route
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2018 16:01:50 -0700 (MST)

Ok, so I found the cause of the problem. For some reason, the netif list is
begin created and never NULL terminated. The linked list is next->netif
always have a copy of the PPP information. Therefore, when ip4_route(), it
has a "for" loop that is never terminating.

As a quick test, since I know I have one interface, by allowing the check
once, and getting out of the "for" loop, default route which has already
been populated with what was negotiated from the PPP session establishment
is used.

While this is not a full solution as I need to investigate why LWIP is not
appropriately setting the netif_list, this seems to be solving my problem
with the route issue for now and I hope LWIP team can also dig deeper into
this.

Not sure if this is a bug in LWIP. This code is in ip4.c in the function
ip4_route().

Edman