lwip-users

[lwip-users] LwIP - 2 netifs and VPN

From: Andrea Marangon
Subject: [lwip-users] LwIP - 2 netifs and VPN
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2018 10:03:27 +0000

Hi everyone,
I'm using lwip on the ESP8266 wifi module.

I created two network interfaces: one which comunicates via PPPoS with my board and another one for wifi communication.
I'm using RAW API (TCP/UDP) to interact between the two netifs and it works done if I connect from the same subnet.
If instead I try to connect via VPN (the gateway is different 192.169.100.1 vs 192.168.1.1) I can not transmit the TCP packets because it does not pass the acceptance phase (it does not find the correct netif). While UDP packets are exchanged correctly.

Is this behavior normal or did I miss any configuration options?

Analyzing the code I think I have to act on the macro LWIP_HOOK_IP4_ROUTE_SRC... is this the right way?

Another question: I had to initially make a bridge between my two netif (PPPoS and Wifi) with the "HOOK" system?

Thanks in advance

Andrea