lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwIP 2.1 cleanup - remove UNIX test apps

From: Yigal Hochberg
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwIP 2.1 cleanup - remove UNIX test apps
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2018 20:56:02 -0400

Dirk,

I appreciate your point. I find that makefiles are elegant concise and powerful.
When all fail I just take the time to write a makefile using vpath for source files anywhere.

With other IDEs you are at the mercy of ever changing formats (especially msvc and eclipse)
I am not sure how cmake deals with new formats for every IDE version. It is a moving target. No?

For no extra charge your are subject to the gui system.

I will try your cmake system. My point is that you could leave alone working makefiles for people
who choose to use them.

Thanks
Yigal