lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Is this a memory fragmentation problem

From: Sergio R. Caprile
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Is this a memory fragmentation problem
Date: Fri, 18 May 2018 10:35:56 -0300

First things first.
Maybe we've already talked about this, but I don't remember everyone in
the list...
Are you calling all lwIP RAW API functions from the same context ?
Either main loop or interrupts but only one of them and always the same one.
Did you run a known-good application long enough in order to make sure
your driver and your port are OK ? Yes, vendor provided too, and those
the most.

Now, I assume you are a modbus slave (TCP server) since you said you
were listening.
Since you say you can't tx, I'll assume you are rx'ing (you see the poll
but you can't answer)
Do you have proper tcp_sent() callbacks ? I don't know if this could
lead to a situation like yours, though.
Are you allocing memory ? tx memory is taken as PBUF_RAM

Yes, what you describe looks weird.