lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Help debugging IPv6 SLAAC

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Help debugging IPv6 SLAAC
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2018 14:42:47 +0200

thomasfogh <address@hidden> wrote:
> LWIP_IPV6_MLD is enabled and I got a bit further be setting the
> NETIF_FLAG_MLD flag.
> How do I join the allnodes group?

Try setting LWIP_IPV6_MLD to 0. I was remembering incorrectly, it was
the solicited node group, not the allnodes group. This should be joined
automatically (from reading the code), but somehow that did not happen
at least in my 6lowpan tests...

The allnodes group does not have to be joined but your mac driver needs
to deliver those frames to the stack. So your mac RX filter might need
to be adjusted to let these frames through. Standard behavior of many
macs is to only receive their own address and broadcasts...

Simon