lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] LWIP 2.0.3 SNMP Traps - add varbinds to SNMP traps?

From: Marco Veeneman
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] LWIP 2.0.3 SNMP Traps - add varbinds to SNMP traps?
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2018 17:57:40 +0000

Hi Chien,

I used LwIPs SNMP feature in the past but unfortunately i don't have access to the code anymore since i work for another company now.

If i remember well, you have to create a varbind object (struct snmp_varbind), fill it with your data and then pass a pointer to the varbind to the snmp_send_trap() or snmp_send_trap_specific() function.

You can send multiple varbinds in one trap by chaining multiple varbinds together using the next and prev members of the varbind object. The prev field of the first varbind should be NULL and the next field of the last varbind should be NULL. Pass a pointer to the first varbind to the function(s) mentioned before.

I assume you already use Wireshark to check your outgoing packets. It can uncover mistakes you made when creating the varbind objects.

Good luck!

Marco