lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] PPP CHAT failed

From: vinimac
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] PPP CHAT failed
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2018 07:55:03 -0700 (MST)

Sylvain Rochet wrote
> It looks like there is an issue in your low level UART driver, there are
> quite a lot of dropped frames due to bad FCS/ACCM drop, it can happen of
> course from time to time, very unlikely though for a given try, and
> never that much !
>
> As well, it seems your UART tx routine does not work properly, there are
> way too much LCP retries, as if the remote end never get most packets.
>
> Sylvain

I really had a hard time calling pppos_input() or pppos_input_tcpip()
passing data byte after byte.
Every time I got bad FCS. So I had to handle the UART input and delivery
the whole PPP frame with 0xFE .. 0xFE to pppos_input. After that something
started to work.

But that is really weird because the AT commands work very well, even with
ECHO on.

Log with UART TX
ppp_02.log <http://lwip.100.n7.nabble.com/file/t1598/ppp_02.log>