lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Trying to work out DHCP issue

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Trying to work out DHCP issue
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2018 19:34:57 +0100

On 27.02.2018 18:41, Chris Seto wrote:
Oh, one thing to note:

I an using no OS. There are no threads at all other than main

In that case, are you sure the link got established? If I remember correctly, TI support itself is not too fond of the TLK110?

If the link *got* established (i.e. no PHY or hardware issue), try wireshark to see what's wrong.

Simon

On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at 11:39 AM, goldsimon <address@hidden> wrote:

Chris Seto wrote:
>I have a custom board with an STM32F4, and a TLK110 running LwIP 2.0.3.
>The
>board works great when it gets, an address, and I can freely exchange
>data
>with a socket server.
>
>On board bootup, I set the IP to 0 and then use dhcp_start() to start
>DHCP.
>When the code sees that the IP is no longer just 0, it tries to connect
>the socket server.
>
>Most of the time this works well.

This looks like a threading issue. The examples from STM are horribly wrong in that respect. Read the docs at http://www.nongnu.org/lwip/ to learn about threading. Also, try upgrading to fit master and use the new LWIP_ASSERT_CORE_LOCKED() check (has to be implemented for your arch, look at our Freertos port for an example).

Simon