lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Transmission stall after ARP broadcast

From: Stephan Hilchenbach
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Transmission stall after ARP broadcast
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2018 17:21:45 +0000

Hello Simon,

thank you for the fast response.

>> 1.4.1 is rather old. There have been numerous bugs fixed since then.

Yes I know. I would prefer to update, but I can't make this decision on my own.

>> A screenshot? WTF? If this is a screenshot of a wireshark log, please attach a pcap file instead.

Of course I have the log files. I was not sure if someone would look inside. In the Ti forum I get less attention. I attached 2 files. I cut about 100.000 frames to make them small.

The device with LwIP has the IP 192.168.211 and my connected notebook the IP 192.168.1.31.

>> No. In general, lwIP has *nothing* to do with your hardware. The netif driver is responsible for that.

I expected this answer, but was not sure about this. It was very curious that the port always stops with transmission of an ARP broadcast.

The device is configured as a switch with 2 ports. One port is connected, the other one is not. A task cyclically checks the second port for phy activity.

Best Regards,

Stephan