lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Problem running lwip on cortex M7 with D cache enabled

From: Jochen Strohbeck
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Problem running lwip on cortex M7 with D cache enabled
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2017 09:06:00 +0000

As a quick test I placed descriptors and the entire pool into
non-cacheable SRAM. No further code changes are necessary although it
took some time tweaking the linker and lwipopts.h file. I had to shrink
it a little to fit into a 64kB section but network communication still
seems to be stable. Could this be a solution in order to run uC with
cache enabled  while keeping lwip code 'almost as is' ?

Following your posts I feel a little overloaded by your input - "zero
copy" etc. I understand that I have to do some RTFM and spend some time
in the mailing list in order to do something that makes _really_ sense.
The next step would be to upgrade to 2.0.3 I guess.

Jochen