lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] new at lwip, running test on windows using PPP

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] new at lwip, running test on windows using PPP
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2017 19:55:42 +0100

zulu4711 wrote:
I have taken most of the windows contrib code and added a thread that will
do the tx/rx of socket data.
The sio handling is done as the original code (main loop).

My best guess is that there's something wrong with the threading in the windows port (by now). I have short term plans in adding assertion checks for these kind of errors, but I'm not there yet. For now, just check that 'ppp_input()' is called from tcpip_thread, not from the main loop thread.

In other words, when using the contrib windows example, PPP_INPROC_IRQ_SAFE should be 1.

The thread I'm using looks like this, I wonder if I'm doing something
fundamentally wrong....
[..]

        while (netif_is_link_up(&ppp_netif)==0)       sleepy(1000);

This is wrong. It's only a flag check, but still, netif functions are not to be called from API threads or IRQs.
From a quick look, the rest seems OK.

Simon