lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Router log not showing IPV6 hostname and ip generated i

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Router log not showing IPV6 hostname and ip generated in stm32
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2017 19:48:05 +0100

Meera wrote:
I have established communication between tcp client and server via IPv6 , for
that ipv6 ip generated in stm32 board. That is working alright , but the
problem is, IPv6 ip is not there in router's log, ipv4 ip i there. see below
screenshots.

<http://lwip.100.n7.nabble.com/file/t1982/ipv4.png>

But ipv6 is not in the list.

I don't know if it is lwIP's duty to show up there. Are you even seeing other devices' IPv6 address there?

When using IPv6, I suppose you do know the difference between dhcp (IPv4) and SLAAC. We do not support DHCPv6, yet, so that might be a difference to other IPv6 devices. However, this is not used as often as SLAAC and certainly is not required to get a routable address.

Also here is the log of gnetif for lwip communication of stm32.
<http://lwip.100.n7.nabble.com/file/t1982/ipv6.ipv6>

With the above image you can see clearly that I can communicate via IPv6 ,
but  I am not getting ip6_addr[2] which is empty.

What would you expect to get there? [0] is reserved for a link-local address but all other slots are for autoconfig addresses. One should be enough ([1] in your case).

What is it exactly that's not working for you? Is this only a question of "where can I find the address of my device"?

Simon