lwip-users

[lwip-users] Pbuf_cat and pbuf_free question

From: Mike Rosing
Subject: [lwip-users] Pbuf_cat and pbuf_free question
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2017 16:12:44 -0500 (CDT)

I'm not sure if my problem is a memory leak or buffer overflow since the error occurs in system free() with garbage in the memory chain.  The difference I've added (among other things) is the use of PBUF_REF and pbuf_cat().  The following sequence works fine, but is it correct?

ref = pbuf_alloc(PBUF_RAW, 1024, PBUF_REF);

ref->payload = upptr;

pbuf_cat(head, ref);

udp_sendto(udp_raw, head, server, port);

pbuf_free(head);

I do NOT have pbuf_free(ref) because according the manual I'm not supposed to reference it again after using pbuf_cat().  Am I creating a memory leak, or is this OK?

Mike