lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Using "localhost" in calls of getaddrinfo and inet_ntop

From: Joel Cunningham
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Using "localhost" in calls of getaddrinfo and inet_ntop
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2017 08:51:40 -0500

> On Aug 16, 2017, at 4:09 PM, Thomas Nittel <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> I like to use a software package on top of lwIP. This software package calls
> getaddrinfo("localhost", servname, hints, res) and
> inet_ntop(af,src,"localhost",size). As far as I conceived the lwIP source
> code lwIP doesn't know what to do with "localhost". What can be done to make
> the above function calls with "localhost" succeed?

Could you be a little more specific about the failure.  netconn_gethostbyname()
works with localhost.  I just verified it with the shell command (in
lwip-contrib/apps):

> gethostnm localhost
Host found: 127.0.0.1

Is there a problem specifically in getaddrinfo (even though this internally
uses netconn_gethostbyname)?

Joel