lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] PPPoS: ppp session disconnect if hit bad fcs for LCP pa

From: Sylvain Rochet
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] PPPoS: ppp session disconnect if hit bad fcs for LCP packet
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2017 18:18:33 +0200

Hi Axel,

On Fri, Jun 30, 2017 at 11:18:52PM +0800, Axel Lin wrote:

> BTW, my device always keep sending data to LTE through pppos.
> I'm wondering why the bad fcs usually happened on LCP packet.

What I can say is, since the PPP link is only between your MCU and your
LTE modem, which are probably a few centimers away on the same board,
having bad FCS should *NEVER* happen! Checksums are close to being
totally useless in this case, they are just here for protocol conformity
regarding HDLC.

Having bad FCS in this case means a software issue here, either on the
lwIP side or, most likely, on the LTE modem side.

Sylvain