lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] LwIP 1.41 select does not return ?

From: Tim Cussins
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] LwIP 1.41 select does not return ?
Date: Wed, 31 May 2017 11:57:16 +0100

Hi Noam,

On Wed, May 31, 2017, at 11:11 AM, Noam Weissman wrote:

> I am using a base project that is used for testing. This base project
> uses FreeRTOS 8.01 + LwIP 1.41
> +  a few modules that work just fine. The base project has a DHCP client
> and a TCP server (Raw API)
> that work just fine.
>

> I have enabled sockets and netcon in lwipopts.h ... in general it seems
> to load properly and run.

> My own TCP server that listens on port 23 and the rest of the system
> works just fine
>

> Any ideas what did I miss or what should I check ?

Just a quick check: The raw API is not meant to be used in a
multi-threaded system. Is your working TCP server using this API? If so,
I expect your TCP server would work, but your calls to the netconn API
(or sockets, which uses netconn under the hood) would probably dead-end
in the way you're seeing.

Have a look at the first couple of paragraphs here:

http://lwip.wikia.com/wiki/Netconn_API

HTH,
Tim