lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwip-users Digest, Vol 162, Issue 1

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwip-users Digest, Vol 162, Issue 1
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2017 20:41:00 +0100

Sandra Gilge (ADATIS) wrote:
Simon wrote
I'm not sure I get it. You checked that sockets are used from only one thread? The thing
to check >would be to ensure that *every* core function (not sockets) is only called
from tcpip_thread and not >from an interrupt. That would indeed be useful for
debugging. I could imagine adding a macro for this >which whould need to be
implemented by an lwIP port.
I did both. In the core functions I compare the calling thread with the tcpip
thread ID.
In the sockets I store for each socket created with socket or accept the thread that
created the socket and compare it in the other socket functions with the calling thread
ID. So I can be shure that a single socket is not "used" by different threads
(i.e. select in one and send in the other). At least in the past things like that caused
problems.

Right. In that case I'd be *very* happy to hear what caused the memp overflow - and the TCP_OVERSIZE error, too, of course (TCP_OVERSIZE worked for me up to now, but that doesn't mean there's no bug).

Simon