lwip-users

[lwip-users] Problem with sending UDP packets in LwIP & FreeRTOS

From: bachehkaraji
Subject: [lwip-users] Problem with sending UDP packets in LwIP & FreeRTOS
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2017 04:34:45 -0700 (MST)

Hello

I work on a project which use FreeRTOS and Lwip v 1.4.1. I'm using a
LandTiger board which is made on an NXP LPC1768. My project is based on
LPCOpen 2.10 and derivated from the “lwip_tcpecho_freertos” example. I'm
only using the Socket API.

In TCP, everything is OK! but in UDP doesn't...

I modified the “lwip_tcpecho_freertos” example to send UDP packets to my PC.
I have the problem that lwip_sendto stops working after sending one packet.

    /* Send some data on a RAW or UDP pcb contained in a netconn
     * Called from netconn_send */
    void
    do_send(struct api_msg_msg *msg)
    {
      if (ERR_IS_FATAL(msg->conn->last_err)) {
        msg->err = msg->conn->last_err;
      } else {
      }
      TCPIP_APIMSG_ACK(msg);
    }
lwip_sendto calls netconn_send, which calls tcpip_apimsg, which returns an
error.

...lwip_write -> lwip_send -> lwip_sendto -> netconn_send -> do_send ->
tcpip_apimsg...

    err_t
    tcpip_apimsg(struct api_msg *apimsg)
    {
      struct tcpip_msg msg;
    #ifdef LWIP_DEBUG
      /* catch functions that don't set err */
      apimsg->msg.err = ERR_VAL;
    #endif

      if (sys_mbox_valid(&mbox)) {
        msg.type = TCPIP_MSG_API;
        msg.msg.apimsg = apimsg;
        sys_mbox_post(&mbox, &msg);
        sys_arch_sem_wait(&apimsg->msg.conn->op_completed, 0);
        return apimsg->msg.err;
      }
      return ERR_VAL;
    }

As the problem occurs, The Ping keeps working normaly.

If you have any idea, it'll be great as i'm really stuck on this problem

Bacheh Karaji