lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Wakeup select() from another thread

From: Sylvain Rochet
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Wakeup select() from another thread
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2017 22:36:34 +0100

Hi Daniel,

On Mon, Jan 09, 2017 at 08:55:59PM +0100, Daniel Pauli wrote:
> Hey there
>
> Is there any possibility in LwIP to wake up a select() call from another
> thread? I want to update the file descriptor set as soon as the server
> accepts a new connection without the need to wait until the select() call
> times out.

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lwip-users/2016-09/msg00068.html

Quoting Joel:

"You can achieve the same thing with LwIP by using a UDP socket bound to
a port on the loopback adapter.  Sending to the loopback address and
port (from another thread) will be received on your UDP socket and will
return the select call"

Sylvain