lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwip_send() not sending correct amount of data?

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwip_send() not sending correct amount of data?
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2016 14:24:44 +0100

pekez wrote:
> The problem is that after some number of packets, client app receives
> less than TCP_MAX_DATA_LEN (which is 1446) bytes even though it isn't
> supposed to receive packet of that size at that moment. For example,
> after 1013rd packet sent, client receives packet that is less than 1446.

TCP does NOT send packets, it sends a stream. As such, a remote host will
receive arbitrary sized chunks. TCP only guarantees to deliver the bytes in
the exact order. Are you missing bytes or only complaining about segmentation?

> [..] I am providing capture file (please download it from this link

I'm really too lazy to do that. Instead, keep your capture file small and your
mail won't be rejected again ;-)

Simon