lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwIP with FreeRTOS memory problem

From: FreeRTOS Info
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwIP with FreeRTOS memory problem
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2016 12:52:22 -0800

On 28/11/2016 12:17, Nenad Pekez wrote:
Richard, first of all, thanks for your quick response.

What I forgot to mention is that application doesn't crash at the very
beginning, it actually works for some time how it should work and than
suddenly crashes. I suppose that problem you mention would manifest
itself right from the beginning, when XEmacPs_IntrHandler is called for
the first time? Moreover, I thought that lwIP doesn't use standard C
malloc() and free() functions (if you are talking about those), but have
custom heap-based function mem_malloc(), UNLESS we set option
MEM_LIBC_MALLOC to 1 , which I haven't done.

Mistake on my part - I thought you were using malloc and free.

You said the assert gets hit. The one on line queue.c:1224 guards against the use of a mutex in an interrupt and the one in port.c against a non-interrupt safe function being called from an interrupt - so if a mutex is being used in an interrupt, the deferred handler bit of my last email would still hold true.

Regards,
Richard.

+ http://www.FreeRTOS.org
The de facto standard, downloaded every 4.2 minutes during 2015.

+ http://www.FreeRTOS.org/plus
IoT, Trace, Certification, TCP/IP, FAT FS, Training, and more...