lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Tuning UDP

From: Sergio R. Caprile
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Tuning UDP
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2016 12:31:48 -0300

> package loss is < 1%.

anything above absolute zero is no good, indicating a problem in your system. I would accept that some frames might get corrupted in the wire... of course...

> I thought someone had experienced same issues.

lwIP problems, when properly reported, are found and fixed.
Your application messages go to the lwIP stack, which puts them into a UDP datagram, and delivers it to your driver, which puts them into Ethernet frames and delivers them to the wire. Everything runs on your port, with your OS.