lwip-users

[lwip-users] lwIP ports for RTEMS, POSIX based RTOS and FreeRTOS, TMS570

From: Pavel Pisa
Subject: [lwip-users] lwIP ports for RTEMS, POSIX based RTOS and FreeRTOS, TMS570 a LPC17/40xx drivers
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2016 21:09:23 +0200

Hello Dirk and others,

the first thanks for the work on lwIP.

I would  like to offer some of our code to contribute back
to the project

Our GIT repo as SF.net contains our port to above mentioned
targets.

https://sourceforge.net/p/ulan/lwip-omk/ci/master/tree/

git clone git://git.code.sf.net/p/ulan/lwip-omk ulan-lwip-omk

The "master" branch contains version based on lwIP
version 1.5.0.

The "omk-devel" is based on lwIP 2.0 around RC2 and is expected
to be rebased to lwIP 2.0 when released.

The tree contains combined lwIP sources and ports.

Operating systems ports directory

  ports/os/rtems
     - sys_arch.c, cc.h etc. to use lwIP on RTEMS https://www.rtems.org/
       open source real time executive. The lwIP in system mode is used there.
       The actual use is through separated lwIP file descriptors table
       (lwip_socket etc.).
     - integration through netcon API into RTEMS
       native filedescriptors table is planned in longer term

          https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/Packages/LWIP
     - tested on Ti TMS570LS3137 based boards

  ports/os/posix
     - sys_arch.c allowing to compile lwIP against generic POSIX based OS
       not tested on real hardware yet (planned as alternative for RTEMS or
       NuttX for example which provide POSIX IPC)

  ports/os/sysless
     - support for uLAN project (bare GCC NewLib) operation, environment
       without operating system and scheduller. Only for RAW API applications
     - used on LPC17xx and LPC40xx based systems
       http://pikron.com/pages/products/cpu_boards/lx_cpu.html

  ports/os/freertos
     - sys_arch.c for FreeRTOS and system mode lwIP operation
     - tested with FreeRTOS 8.2.2 on TMS570LS3137 based boards

Target drivers directory

  ports/driver/lpc_emac
     - LPC17xx/LPC40xx driver for systemless operation

  ports/driver/tms570_emac
     - Ti TMS570LS3137 driver used with RTEMS and FreeRTOS

Build system is specific for our projects but *.c and *.h files
should be easily reusable and if there is interrest they
can be used by other projects or integrated to the lwIP contrib
repository.

The simple MDNS responder
  https://github.com/lsgunth/lwip_contrib
authored by Logan Gunthorpe in included in the repository as well.

  contrib/service/mdns

I would be happy if I can ask for advises for netcon API
integration into RTEMS under its native file descriptors
in longer term.

Best wishes,
                Pavel

--