lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] LLDP Implementation for lwIP

From: Amit Ashara
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] LLDP Implementation for lwIP
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2016 09:59:02 -0500

Hello Simon, Sergio,

Any further thoughts on the same?

Regards
Amit

On Fri, Aug 12, 2016 at 3:20 PM, Amit Ashara <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello Simon,

I call the LLDP transmit function lldp_raw(struct netif *netif, const struct eth_addr *ethsrc_addr) with the MAC address of the port. So if there are multiple ports each with its MAC address, then that can be resolved by the 2nd argument of the function.

Also if we put the use restriction of a single port, wouldn't that work also?

Regards,
Amit

On Fri, Aug 12, 2016 at 3:01 PM, goldsimon <address@hidden> wrote:

Amit Ashara wrote:

> LLDP can use the same MAC address as being used by lwIP. It is not mandated
> that they be different.

No, but if you have more than one port, it's typical to have one MAC per port. This helps to tell which port of a switch a device is connected to, for example (e.g. used in profinet for simple device replacement).

For a single port device, the MAC address used for lldp can obviously be the same lwip uses.

I was just saying lwip does not very well support multi port devices.

Simon

Gesendet mit AquaMail für Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com