lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Force PPP TermReq (Lwip 2.0.0 RC2)

From: Greg Smith
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Force PPP TermReq (Lwip 2.0.0 RC2)
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2016 23:46:20 +0000

Hi, Sylvain.

Well that's a bummer. It was kind of neat to see what bytes were flowing by. But I understand the reason _not_ to show the bytes for everything. It could/would get rather out of control quickly once "real" communications started.

> > But I don't see any lines showing raw data going out (or, generally,
> > coming in, either). (Ignore the missing data at the end of the line
> > with TCP_KEEPINTV; that's a function of my output capture.)
>
> Yes, that's expected :-), if you want to see everything, comment the filtering
> rules in the ppp_dump_packet function.

I tried this just to see. (ppp_dump_packet is now basically only 1 line: ppp_dbglog() .) I get to see some more (rcvd) data, but not overwhelmingly more, which is good. Hopefully that can help me see what lwIP is trying to do when I get into this funky state.

> > And when I get into the state where pppd seems to being ignore LCP
> > packets, I do not get anything from pppd.
>
> That's not normal, even if pppd would ignore the LCP packet for any
> reason, it should at least display it with the debug option enabled.
> Same for lwIP. What is filtered though are LCP echo request/reply
> packets, because they are mostly useless in the packet trace.

Agreed. Do you happen to know if there's a way to turn of the filter with a command-line option for pppd so I could see similar to what I'm not able to see in lwIP?

-- G