lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Force PPP TermReq (Lwip 2.0.0 RC2)

From: Sylvain Rochet
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Force PPP TermReq (Lwip 2.0.0 RC2)
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2016 00:30:41 +0200

Hello,

On Thu, Aug 04, 2016 at 10:15:56AM -0400, Patrick Klos wrote:

> Again, the TermReq packet is an LCP packet.  If your peer is ignoring
> all LCP packets (as you stated earlier), it's just ignore that packet
> as well. I'm sure you could find a way to get LwIP to send the packet
> - just not sure if it'll help given your symptoms.

The issue here is probably a LCP magic (=cookie) mismatch. Once a LCP
session negotiated the magic, which is usually the first thing it
negotiates, it only accept LCP packets with the magic set.

It means sending the TermReq packet with a new random magic is not going
to work anyway, this is what the magic is for actually, to protect the
LCP channel for outsiders, hey ;-)

Greg, please use LCP echo request/reply mechanism, that's the only
viable solution. I hope you can configure LCP request/reply interval and
count timeout on the PPP peer.

Sylvain