lwip-users

[lwip-users] DNS resolver implementation problem

From: OrkUn Kasapoglu
Subject: [lwip-users] DNS resolver implementation problem
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2016 15:50:51 +0300

Hello. I'm trying to connect a server with DNS name. I found an example about that in the wikia page of LwIP but I didn't understand it completely.

I can connect my local computer with static ip and messaging with TCP.

I tried to implement the Raw/Native api sample (LwIP wikia) but I didn't understand what is SMTP and where can I find or how can I define it. So the dns_gethostbyname() function always returns ERR_INPROGRESS. I'm new in LwIP and TCP.

Here is my Netif_Config and other functions;

static void Netif_Config(void)
{
  ip_addr_t ipaddr;
  ip_addr_t netmask;
  ip_addr_t gw;

#ifndef LWIP_DNS
#ifdef USE_DHCP
  ipaddr.addr = 0;
  netmask.addr = 0;
  gw.addr = 0;
#else
  // default ip address settins
  IP4_ADDR(&ipaddr, IPADDR0, IPADDR1, IPADDR2, IPADDR3);
  IP4_ADDR(&netmask, NMADDR0, NMADDR1, NMADDR2, NMADDR3);
  IP4_ADDR(&gw, GWADDR0, GWADDR1, GWADDR2, GWADDR3);
#endif
#else
  switch(dns_gethostbyname(DNS_HOST_NAME, &ipaddr, smtp_serverFound, NULL))
  {
    case ERR_OK:
// I didn't find any smpt defined something or any extern variable has a name smtp
      break;
    case ERR_INPROGRESS:
      break;
    default:
      break;
  }
#endif
  /*.. other initializations..*/
}

void SMTP_serverFound(const char *dns_name, const ip_addr_t *ip, void *args)
{
  if ((ip) && (ip->addr))
  {
    /*again there are some smtp processes but.......*/
  }

I'm confused about that implementation. How can I get that code working? I've searched it but didn't find anything.

Thanks.