lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwip 2.0 upgrading

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwip 2.0 upgrading
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2016 20:47:59 +0200

i’m currently working on a project using lwip 1.4.1 stack (raw api with tcpip), and since i’m still in development anyways i thought i might use the newest lwip 2.0 stack instead. Can i just swap them out or how do i “upgrade” to 2.0?

Unless you enable IPv6, you should be able to just swap with one difference: even when using DHCP, you have to manually set the interface up (netif_set_up) or else, no packet will be sent out. There might be other things that have changed, we'll have to round up the UPGRADING document. As 1.4.1 is rather old to me and I have kept up with git master, I'll have to look that up, though...

Are there any major “bugs” open, since i’ve read that it’s only in beta?

No. There are bugs open, but no major bugs (or else it would be an "alpha" :-)

Do i have any major benefit from upgrading?

Yes. Many bugs fixed since then! You only risk running into things that are already fixed. While, 1.4.1 has been pretty stable as well, it's now a good time to upgrade :-)

Simon