lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] LwIP multithread select mode problems

From: lampo
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] LwIP multithread select mode problems
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2016 18:21:10 -0700 (MST)

thanks a lot.

  now  I use *recv*,  *send*,   *close*  apis in the same thread per one
socket,   that means each client socket occupy a new thread, and each of
them calles *select*,  *recv*,  *send*,   *close* .

  I'm wondering  is this usage still so called  multi-threaded  environment
?  can I  just  neglect SYS_ARCH_PROTECT here?     for using
SYS_ARCH_PROTECT , there's really some bad thing happening inside the whole
schedule system.  And  it  seems  OK  with 3 days of running without
SYS_ARCH_PROTECT .

 I  just want  to  confirm the usage of SYS_ARCH_PROTECT,    or where may
lead to data consistency problems  due to not using  SYS_ARCH_PROTECT
mechanism, when programing in this  *specific multi-threaded  environment *

Appreciate for your advice!