lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Embedded lwIP application stops working after 4-5 days

From: peter
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Embedded lwIP application stops working after 4-5 days
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2016 15:20:08 +0200

Hi Simon

Thank you for your response. I have inserted the assert, so hopefully it will reveal something in the next 5 days or so.

Regards,
Peter.

Simon Goldschmidt skrev den 17.06.2016 12:52:
Peter Haagerup wrote:
the fields "max" and "err" in the MEM UDP_PCB section contains the number 4294967295 (2^32 - 1) which is strange

That's really strange: 'err' is only increased but never decreased.
Also, by default, the stats counters are u16_t, not u32_t.
I don't expect disabling UDP to fix this problem...
Why don't you put an assert in memp.c where 'used' is decremented: just add

  "LWIP_ASSERT("double-free", lwip_stats.memp[type].used != 0);"

before

  "MEMP_STATS_DEC(used, type);"

and you should be able to see if it really is an underflow.

Gisle Vanem wrote:
Just an idea, you could try:
#define LWIP_DNS_SECURE 0

Now I really don't see what this should change when using 1.4.1,
unless TI has backported a fix to their 1.4.1 (in which case it
wouldn't be 1.4.1 ...)

Simon