lwip-users

[lwip-users] How does tcp backlog works?

From: Zhuoran Zhao
Subject: [lwip-users] How does tcp backlog works?
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2016 22:34:24 -0500

Hi, all

For research purpose, I have integrated lwip stack into a discrete event OS simulator. I set up my experiments with one server and multiple clients, thus I think I may need the server hold several incoming connections in a backlog queue, and I configured related macros in lwipopts.h as below:

#define TCP_LISTEN_BACKLOG 1 //enable
#define TCP_DEFAULT_LISTEN_BACKLOG 8

However the server can only capture one incoming connections, with all the other clients stuck at function netconn_connect (I am using netconn APIs).

Anyone knows how is the tcp backlog implemented in lwip? Besides the two macros, is there any other functions (such as timers for re-transmission) that are necessary for the correct functionality of tcp backlog? Any suggestions will be helpful.

--
Zhuoran Zhao
Computer Engineering Research Center (CERC), University of Texas at Austin,