lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Port to raspberry pi 3

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Port to raspberry pi 3
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2016 08:30:42 +0200

Zhuoran Zhao wrote:
> [..] to extract profiling data of executing lwip on raspberry pi,

So you want to test lwIP's performance on raspi by executing it on linx first?

> that's the reason I executed lwip in the user space on top of linux.

I would have thought lwIP's performance gets worse by adding linux...

> So for this purpose, instead of actually merging lwip into kernel, do you
> think
> there is some simpler way to do the packet sniffers? Basically I need to sniff
> the packets from the on board wireless interface (wlan0), and it seems that
> bridging is not supported by the wlan driver...

Linux is a bit tricky here. On windows, we use winpcap to do that. On linux, you
can use pcap or raw sockets, but a) both are not supported on all platforms and
b) you don't see packets sent by the linux host you are running on (at least not
for pcap, I'm not 100% sure for raw sockets).

Simon