lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Ethernet package through SPI interface

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Ethernet package through SPI interface
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2016 13:51:55 +0100

SergeV wrote:
I several times came across references that SPI is used in place of RMII, to
communicate over LAN. Frankly I'm in doubt this is possible at all

You're not interfacing the LAN through SPI (BTW, you're not doing that with RMII, either, you interface the PHY). Instead, you interface a MAC through SPI when your uC does not have one (or you need to use a different one). This MAC then connects to the LAN - either directly or through a PHY.

Simon