lwip-users

[lwip-users] Detect DHCP enabled for netif

From: Martin Velek
Subject: [lwip-users] Detect DHCP enabled for netif
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 14:25:51 +0100

Hello,

can I detect that the DHCP was enabled for a particular netif
interface without checking netif internals? I would like to know it
only from netif, not from some global flag or state variable
associated with netif.

In case the system cannot change way of getting ip (static/dynamic)
during runtime, I could test the netif.dhcp for NULL but it means I
have to know the netif internals.

I could not find any function e.g.
dhcp_enabled_on_this_interface(netif) ... There is u8_t
dhcp_supplied_address(struct netif *netif) but the reason why the IP
was not supplied is missing.

I am using the latest master version from git.

Best
Martin