lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] AVR32 uc3a macb driver serious problem

From: Darius Babrauskas
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] AVR32 uc3a macb driver serious problem
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2016 13:20:34 +0200

Thanks you Sylvain.
I will studies your patch. But currently, my devices working nice some months.
Darius

Hi Darius,

On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 11:22:30AM +0300, Darius Babrauskas wrote:

(...)

– there is a transmit error such as too many retries or a transmit
under run.

(...)

I have two patches against the AVR32 MACB driver in my tree, and it
look like it might fix your issues.

- macb-nonblocking-asf-3.5.1-0000.patch

The MACB driver does not set the correct speed/duplex from MAC to PHY in
case of speed/duplex link change (i.e. if the remote device is replaced
or if a damaged cable make a negotiation restart and set the speed from
100 to 10). Here is my patch against ASF 3.5.1 which fixes this issue as
well as being non blocking if ETHERNET_CONF_USE_PHY_IT is set, otherwise
it behaves the same as before. It is working with or without FreeRTOS.

It was discussed on the avrfreaks forum[1].

- 0001-fixed-crash-if-MACB-failed-to-sent-a-frame-a-failed-.patch

Fix a crash if MACB failed to sent a frame, a failed frame does not set
the USED/OK bit, so the current implementation locked the circular
buffer

Hope it helps ! :)

Sylvain

[1] http://www.avrfreaks.net/forum/non-blocking-asf-macb-driver