lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Aborting and restarting a TCP request

From: Andy Pont
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Aborting and restarting a TCP request
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2015 09:40:52 -0000

Hi Sergio,

> Your problem with resending requests seems to be the subtleties of the
> HTTP and TCP protocols. In TCP, you either have a connection
> established and can send data, or you don't. If you need to close the
> connection, then call the close function, if you need to send data again,
> just call the send data function with the same data, there is no way to
> unsend or cancel.

Thanks for the information.  I have managed to implement what I need using
the tcp_close() function and a flag that breaks the loop that calls
sys_check_timeouts().  It seems to behave as I need it to but I am seeing
the occasional assert for pbuf null pointers.

With regard to your statement to "read the wiki", I personally find the fact
that it is hosted on wikia.com a big reason not to use it due to the
persistently irritating adverts for other wikis, movies, etc.  How much
storage and bandwidth is the wiki using and could it be hosted in a more
professional manner?

Andy.