lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] About SNMP and MIBs

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] About SNMP and MIBs
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2015 16:01:02 +0100

Esa Hill wrote:
Is it possible to add external MIBs (for example LLDP MIB) to LwIP's SNMP
implementation?

No, not right now.

I've been checking the LwIP code (1.4.1) for the private MIB implementation, but I got
the idea that it is only possible to add stuff under "internet .1.3.6.1" or
have I misunderstood?

The current code only allows the addition of "private" mibs. I must say I was a bit surprised when discovering that as well.

I have noticed lot of activity with Master-branch SNMP codes. Has there been
any changes related to use of external MIBs?

Not yet. But this is one of the reasons we started the recent acivity in SNMP.

Simon