lwip-users

[lwip-users] HTTP client with raw tcp

From: Andy Pont
Subject: [lwip-users] HTTP client with raw tcp
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 13:55:53 -0000

Hello,

I am currently in the final stages of developing an application with lwIP
(using current top of tree sources) that is executed as x86 ROM code
(NO_SYS=1, LWIP_SOCKET=0 and LWIP_NETCONN=0).  The network interface is
working (to the level it has currently been tested) as it can get its IP
address and other information from a DHCP server using dhcp_start().

The next step is to get the higher level HTTP client to work and I am basing
my solution on one I found on the internet here:
http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg02155/client.c.

Following that code, it is trying to work but the call to tcp_connect()
hangs when it tries to execute the following line:

    TCP_REG_ACTIVE(pcb);

As ever with these things, a deadline looms and so any thoughts and advice
on where to go poking about to resolve this would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Andy.