lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] [lwip-devel] Lightweight Tunnel

From: Sylvain Rochet
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] [lwip-devel] Lightweight Tunnel
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2015 12:26:31 +0200

Hi Abdul,

On Mon, Oct 05, 2015 at 10:07:22AM +0100, Abdul Hakeem wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Could anyone recommend a lightweight tunnel application, probably small enough
> to fit in a simcard for use with LWIP ?

lwIP master branch supports L2TP tunnels (as initiator, i.e. LAC), we
couldn't be less lightweight than that. If you need encryption lwIP
supports MPPE, that's not a very strong encryption nowadays (RC4, no
PFS, questionable key generation) but that's better than nothing and it
might fit your needs.

And please don't ask those kind of users questions on the lwip-devel
mailing list, it is dedicated to development only. It applies even more
for the lwip-members list.

Sylvain