lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Two UDP kills DHCP?

From: Noam Weissman
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Two UDP kills DHCP?
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2015 10:50:41 +0300

Hi,

I briefly checked your lwipopts.h file

I am using a fraction of the RAM that you use and I find it strange that
you defined so little PCB's ?

I am using LwIP 1.41 with STM + FreeRTOS, I need to send small chunks of
data so I set MSS size to 536 that
is LwIP default. In your case you use about 5 times the RAM I use so you
can stay with MSS = 1500

Here my settings for you reference:

/**
 * SYS_LIGHTWEIGHT_PROT==1: if you want inter-task protection for
certain
 * critical regions during buffer allocation, deallocation and memory
 * allocation and deallocation.
 */
#define SYS_LIGHTWEIGHT_PROT    1

#define ETHARP_TRUST_IP_MAC     0
#define IP_REASSEMBLY           0
#define IP_FRAG                 0
#define ARP_QUEUEING            0
#define TCP_LISTEN_BACKLOG      1
#define LWIP_DNS                1
#define LWIP_NETIF_STATUS_CALLBACK 1

#define LWIP_IGMP               1

// this is a must if we use IGMP
#ifdef LWIP_IGMP
  #define LWIP_RAND() ((u32)rand())
#endif

/**
 * NO_SYS==1: Provides VERY minimal functionality. Otherwise,
 * use lwIP facilities.
 */
#define NO_SYS                  0

/* ---------- Memory options ---------- */
/* MEM_ALIGNMENT: should be set to the alignment of the CPU for which
   lwIP is compiled. 4 byte alignment -> define MEM_ALIGNMENT to 4, 2
   byte alignment -> define MEM_ALIGNMENT to 2. */
#define MEM_ALIGNMENT           4

/* MEM_SIZE: the size of the heap memory. If the application will send
a lot of data that needs to be copied, this should be set high. */
#define MEM_SIZE                (12*1024) //(7*1024)

/* MEMP_NUM_PBUF: the number of memp struct pbufs. If the application
   sends a lot of data out of ROM (or other static memory), this
   should be set high. */
#define MEMP_NUM_PBUF           100
/* MEMP_NUM_UDP_PCB: the number of UDP protocol control blocks. One
   per active UDP "connection". */
#define MEMP_NUM_UDP_PCB        10
/* MEMP_NUM_TCP_PCB: the number of simulatenously active TCP
   connections. */
#define MEMP_NUM_TCP_PCB        15
/* MEMP_NUM_TCP_PCB_LISTEN: the number of listening TCP
   connections. */
#define MEMP_NUM_TCP_PCB_LISTEN 10

/* MEMP_NUM_SYS_TIMEOUT: the number of simulateously active
   timeouts. */
#define MEMP_NUM_SYS_TIMEOUT    10

/* ---------- Pbuf options ---------- */
/* PBUF_POOL_SIZE: the number of buffers in the pbuf pool. */
#define PBUF_POOL_SIZE          20

/* PBUF_POOL_BUFSIZE: the size of each pbuf in the pbuf pool. */
#define PBUF_POOL_BUFSIZE       600

/* ---------- TCP options ---------- */
#define LWIP_TCP                1
#define TCP_TTL                 255

/* Controls if TCP should queue segments that arrive out of
   order. Define to 0 if your device is low on memory. */
#define TCP_QUEUE_OOSEQ         0

/* TCP Maximum segment size. */
//#define TCP_MSS                 (1500 - 40)     /* TCP_MSS = (Ethernet
MTU - IP header size - TCP header size) */
#define TCP_MSS                 536

/* TCP sender buffer space (bytes). */
//
// When TCP_SND_BUF was (4*TCP_MSS) we had problems with memory
// alocation. After reducing it to (3*TCP_MSS) we stopped getting
// memory allocation errors
//
#define TCP_SND_BUF             (3*TCP_MSS)

/*  TCP_SND_QUEUELEN: TCP sender buffer space (pbufs). This must be at
least
  as much as (2 * TCP_SND_BUF/TCP_MSS) for things to work. */

#define TCP_SND_QUEUELEN        (6 * (TCP_SND_BUF)/(TCP_MSS))

/* TCP receive window. */
#define TCP_WND                 (4*TCP_MSS)

/* MEMP_NUM_TCP_SEG: the number of simultaneously queued TCP
   segments. */
//#define MEMP_NUM_TCP_SEG        20
#define MEMP_NUM_TCP_SEG        TCP_SND_QUEUELEN // 20  // This was
previosly 20 and cause a MEM_ERR it was changed
                                                 // to BE THE SAME SIZE
AS TCP_SND_QUEUELEN

/* ---------- ICMP options ---------- */
#define LWIP_ICMP               1

/* ---------- DHCP options ---------- */
/* Define LWIP_DHCP to 1 if you want DHCP configuration of
   interfaces. DHCP is not implemented in lwIP 0.5.1, however, so
   turning this on does currently not work. */
#define LWIP_DHCP               1

#define LWIP_NETIF_LINK_CALLBACK  1

/* ---------- UDP options ---------- */
#define LWIP_UDP                1
#define UDP_TTL                 255

/* ---------- Statistics options ---------- */
#define LWIP_STATS              0
#define LWIP_PROVIDE_ERRNO      1

/*
   --------------------------------------
   ---------- Checksum options ----------
   --------------------------------------
*/

/*
The STM32F2x7 allows computing and verifying the IP, UDP, TCP and ICMP
checksums by hardware:
 - To use this feature let the following define uncommented.
 - To disable it and process by CPU comment the  the checksum.

  !!! for some reason uncommenting this causes PING not to work ???
*/
//#define CHECKSUM_BY_HARDWARE

#ifdef CHECKSUM_BY_HARDWARE
  /* CHECKSUM_GEN_IP==0: Generate checksums by hardware for outgoing IP
packets.*/
  #define CHECKSUM_GEN_IP                 0
  /* CHECKSUM_GEN_UDP==0: Generate checksums by hardware for outgoing
UDP packets.*/
  #define CHECKSUM_GEN_UDP                0
  /* CHECKSUM_GEN_TCP==0: Generate checksums by hardware for outgoing
TCP packets.*/
  #define CHECKSUM_GEN_TCP                0
  /* CHECKSUM_CHECK_IP==0: Check checksums by hardware for incoming IP
packets.*/
  #define CHECKSUM_CHECK_IP               0
  /* CHECKSUM_CHECK_UDP==0: Check checksums by hardware for incoming UDP
packets.*/
  #define CHECKSUM_CHECK_UDP              0
  /* CHECKSUM_CHECK_TCP==0: Check checksums by hardware for incoming TCP
packets.*/
  #define CHECKSUM_CHECK_TCP              0
#else
  /* CHECKSUM_GEN_IP==1: Generate checksums in software for outgoing IP
packets.*/
  #define CHECKSUM_GEN_IP                 1
  /* CHECKSUM_GEN_UDP==1: Generate checksums in software for outgoing
UDP packets.*/
  #define CHECKSUM_GEN_UDP                1
  /* CHECKSUM_GEN_TCP==1: Generate checksums in software for outgoing
TCP packets.*/
  #define CHECKSUM_GEN_TCP                1
  /* CHECKSUM_CHECK_IP==1: Check checksums in software for incoming IP
packets.*/
  #define CHECKSUM_CHECK_IP               1
  /* CHECKSUM_CHECK_UDP==1: Check checksums in software for incoming UDP
packets.*/
  #define CHECKSUM_CHECK_UDP              1
  /* CHECKSUM_CHECK_TCP==1: Check checksums in software for incoming TCP
packets.*/
  #define CHECKSUM_CHECK_TCP              1
#endif

/*
   ---------- Sequential layer options ----------
*/
/**
 * LWIP_NETCONN==1: Enable Netconn API (require to use api_lib.c)
 */
#define LWIP_NETCONN                    0

/*
   ------------------------------------
   ---------- Socket options ----------
   ------------------------------------
*/
/**
 * LWIP_SOCKET==1: Enable Socket API (require to use sockets.c)
 */
#define LWIP_SOCKET                     0

/*
   -----------------------------------
   ---------- DEBUG options ----------
   -----------------------------------
*/

#define LWIP_DEBUG                      0

/**
 * TCP_SYNMAXRTX: Maximum number of retransmissions of SYN segments.
 */
#define TCP_SYNMAXRTX                   4

/*
   ---------------------------------
   ---------- RAW options ----------
   ---------------------------------
*/
/**
 * LWIP_RAW==1: Enable application layer to hook into the IP layer
itself.
 */
#define LWIP_RAW                        1

/**
 * NO_SYS_NO_TIMERS==1: Drop support for sys_timeout when NO_SYS==1
 * Mainly for compatibility to old versions.
 */
#define NO_SYS_NO_TIMERS                0

/*
   ---------------------------------
   ---------- OS options ----------
   ---------------------------------

   !!!!  for some reason when I triad moving the following
         definitions to the head of the file TCP was not functioning
????
*/

#define TCPIP_THREAD_NAME               "tcp/ip"
#define TCPIP_THREAD_STACKSIZE          3000
#define TCPIP_MBOX_SIZE                 5
#define DEFAULT_UDP_RECVMBOX_SIZE       2000
#define DEFAULT_TCP_RECVMBOX_SIZE       2000
#define DEFAULT_ACCEPTMBOX_SIZE         2000
#define TCPIP_THREAD_PRIO               mainTCP_TASK_PRIORITY

BR,
Noam.