lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Lwip with two ethernet ports

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Lwip with two ethernet ports
Date: Fri, 08 May 2015 20:43:14 +0200

Eason wrote:
My boss assign me a strange project, he wants lwip doing a simple job as a
router, and this device have two ethernet ports, but it has only one network
interface card, the device maybe route for different network segment, eg:
192.168.1.2 send data to 172.16.0.101

I see what you're talking about. lwIP might do the job, but having only 1 hardware interface and 2 netifs, you have to program some extra (custom) logic to ensure that packets are fed into the correct netif. You only have one RX ISR, so you might need to check the destination address and decide for one of the two netifs before calling netif->input().

Simon