lwip-users

[lwip-users] Stability of master branch code

From: Robert Deschambault
Subject: [lwip-users] Stability of master branch code
Date: Mon, 4 May 2015 13:34:11 -0400

We have been doing some work with stress testing an application developed for lwip on our target board.  It is basically a TCP echo server, UDP echo server, and a custom server that works much like a TCP echo service.  We connect a couple clients to our custom server and and run echo tests occasionally to make sure the echo services are running properly.  We also continuously ping the target.  We have noticed that when we use the v1.4.1 milestone release it runs as long as we care to test.  When we use the sources from the lwip master branch, it runs for about 18 hours.  What is odd is that it isn't apparent that anything bad has happened, the threads appear to be still running, and the code appears to be still working for other things like blinking leds, etc., but pings, echo requests, or custom service requests do not work.  No response from the target.

Has anyone else seen something like this?  What differences between v1.4.1 and the current master branch sources should we be concerned with when setting up an application?  Was there a good place to grab a commit that was stable from the master branch?

Thanks,
Bob

--
Bob Deschambault