lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] How to have two different sockets for IPv4 and IPv6

From: Rahul Gundecha
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] How to have two different sockets for IPv4 and IPv6
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 11:53:48 +0530

Hi Mohsin,

I have http server working simultaneously on both IPv4 and IPv6 sockets. Here are my suggestions in your code:
1. Why you are using same "iStatus" for both socket descriptors?
2. Same question for "sin". For IPv4, you need to use struct sockaddr_in, whereas for IPv6 struct sockaddr_in6 variable, so two different variables.
3. iStatus = socket( AF_INET, SOCK_STREAM, 0 ); => 0 should be replaced by IPPROTO_TCP which is 6

Thanks,
Rahul

sin.sin_family = AF_INET;
sin.sin_len = sizeof(sin);
sin.sin_addr.s_addr = htonl(INADDR_ANY);
sin.sin_port = HTTP_PORT_NUMBER;               //port = 80
memset(&(sin.sin_zero), '\0', sizeof(sin.sin_zero));

//webserver_task_IPv6
iStatus = socket( AF_INET6, SOCK_STREAM, 0 );
sin.sin6_family = AF_INET6;
sin.sin6_len = sizeof(sin);
memset(&(sin.sin6_addr), 0, sizeof(sin.sin6_addr));
sin.sin6_port = HTTP_PORT_NUMBER;               //port = 80

On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 12:17 AM, Mohsin <address@hidden> wrote:
address@hidden wrote
> goldsimon@

>  wrote:
>> Ivan Delamer wrote:
>>> I don't use the socket API but as far as I can remember, all you need
>>> is one socket listening on IPv6 ANY address.
>> Is that so?
>
> After a bit of reading, I'm back in the issue: yes, it's that way and it
> should work in lwIP, too. If not, that's a (regression) bug.

Hi Simon,

I tried binding a socket to IPv6 ANY address, but it just works for IPv6
address only and not for IPv4.

I even tried setting #define SO_REUSE  1 as per Philips suggestion, but
still same problem.

So, maybe there is some functionality lacking in pcb which can support
reuse of same listening port for different protocol versions simultaneously.

Regards,
Mohsin Kesarani