lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] TCP keeps re-transmitting but no ACK packet after SYN,

From: Mohsin
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] TCP keeps re-transmitting but no ACK packet after SYN, SYN+ACK
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2015 11:55:50 -0700 (MST)

First of all thank you so much for your reply. Below I've tried to explain my
problem in more detail along with the answers of all Xs (sorry for messing
up whole queries and answers).

Sergio R. Caprile wrote
> I assume 10.9.208.127 is your PC
> Then, 10.9.208.210 must be your "box", which is running git head code on
> a X processor with a X port, configured for X (SYS or NO_SYS) which is
> OK and tested good because ?

Your assumption is correct in the sense that:
10.9.208.127 (Windows-7 based PC as CLIENT) ---> SYN
10.9.208.210 (Embedded device running git head LWIP stack as SERVER)
--->SYN+ACK

Processor = Renesas H8S/2556 microcontroller and Port = 48556 configured for
NO_SYS=0. Its OK and tested good because IPv4 is already implemented on it
using stable release LWIP 1.4.1 stack since long back and its working fine
(IPv4 ping and webserver tested OK for this version). Also for current git
head, IPv4 and IPv6 ping is working.

> And, your webserver is X from X, using API
> X which is also OK and tested good because ?

Frankly I didn't get what you meant to ask by what "webserver is X from X",
but I can say that the webserver is specifically designed according to
application of the device whose http webpages are translated into C using
"webgen" software and are accessed through webserver.
Webserver uses TCP Socket API and it is also OK and tested good because
still same webserver code is working fine with the backup code of LWIP 1.4.1
stack (only IPv4).

One more thing is that with exactly same IP configurations, webserver code
and same PC & device, webserver is working for one of my previous backup
codes (stable released LWIP 1.4.1 and not git head updated).

So, I guess there may be some change in the functionality of
tcp.c/tcp_in.c/tcp_out.c in current git head because of which my application
is not working.

> Can you do a plain "telnet mybox 80" from a known-to-be-good machine on
> a not so loaded (read "just the two boxes and all the extra crap
> removed") network?

Truly I have no knowledge of how to configure my device/stack for telnet as
I'm beginner in all these concepts.

Regards,
Mohsin