lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Interfacing LwIP for a radio communication

From: Sergio R. Caprile
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Interfacing LwIP for a radio communication
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2015 09:51:19 -0300

OK, I think I'm starting to get a hint on what you do have and what you
are trying to do.
You seem to have a packet radio system, and you seem to need to route IP
over that packet radio system.
I will assume that you already studied and know your packet radio system
and you are sure it does not have its own way of handling IP frames with
AX25 or other similar stuff.
In such a case, you need to build your router, either out or inside
lwIP. I guess you already decided to build it on a netif, and I guess
the SLIP code will allow you to build a static routing table to
accomplish some sort of mapping from IP address to radio address.
You might get some clues and directions if you ask the guys at AMPRNet
or study AX25, KISS, 6PACK. Good luck.