lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] SNTP client does not work

From: Karl Karpfen
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] SNTP client does not work
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 14:12:08 +0100

Karl Karpfen wrote:
> - I have rewritten the example a bit to get rid of the sys_xxx() functions which are not available for me

I'm not sure I understand. You don't have sys_timeout/sys_untimeout?

That's correct, LWIP_TIMERS is not configured in my system because NO_SYS is 1 and NO_SYS_NO_TIMERS is 1 too. But this is not a problems since I can handle this out of my application.

> - I do a ntohl() on all IP's that are retruned by ipaddr_aton(), this seems to be necessary on my platform
> (at least for configuring the IP of my Ethernet interface it has to be done to apply the correct address
> for it, so I assume this is necessary for all IPs)
>
> - based on this I do a ntohs() for the SNTP-port too

Both shouldn't be necessary.

At least for the IP it definitely is necessary. When I hand over a non-ntohl()'ed IP-address to LWIP_IF.ipAddr (used with lwIPInit()), my network interface comes up with wrong IP.