lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] PPPOE Server

From: Sylvain Rochet
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] PPPOE Server
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 21:07:17 +0100

Hello Thomas,

On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 11:30:07AM -0200, Thomas Ubensee wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In lwIP code I saw a preprocessor variable PPPOE_SERVER. Currently enabling
> this variable leads to an error: "PPPOE_SERVER is currently not supported
> under lwIP".
> However it seems there are already a lot of pieces of code just for PPPOE
> as Server.
> Does anybody know about what is still missing in order to make PPPOE as
> Server run properly under lwIP?

lwIP builds if PPP_SERVER is enabled, meaning the auth layer and
PAP/CHAP(MD5+MS)/EAP sub-layers probably work, I previously ported all
the code enclosed by PPP_SERVER ifdef to lwIP, this is obviously not
tested at all.

However, some work is still required to add a way to get logins and
passwords for authenticating clients. pppd code using
/etc/ppp/pap-secrets and /etc/ppp/chap-secrets is obviously disabled.
There is some malloc() to fix IIRC and probably other Linux/POSIX-calls
which should be removed/reimplemented as well.

At last, but not least, work is required to add passive interface
support to PPP itself (in our ppp.c) and PPP sub layers, HDLC-like
framing for PPPoS, Ethernet for PPPoE and UDP for PPPoL2TP.
(PPPOE_SERVER is one of them).

Sylvain