lwip-users

[lwip-users] TM4C1294 LWIP Usage

From: Lee Noack
Subject: [lwip-users] TM4C1294 LWIP Usage
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 20:19:35 +1000

Hi,

My goal is to receive data from the GPIO ports continuously, store it in dual buffers and feed this out the ethernet port continuously. I was hoping to use the enet-lwip example as a starting point but this does leave me with many questions and a steep learning curve. partially because the examples are generally web servers.

Firstly I understand LWIP is driven by callback functions. One of which is declared as

err_t (* accept) (void * arg, struct tcp_pcb *newpcb, err_t)

It is not well documented what one is meant to do in these callback function although I have scoured the web and plagarised heavily as in the attached code.

Secondly where do you write the code when it is meant to called by the ethernet interrupt. I placed my initial trial code in the lwIPHostTimerHandler as the code was jumping to there after the call to lwIPInit() however that is obviously not the spot to place it eventually if I am to achieve my aim.

Thirdly my current problem aside from these issues is that I can establish a connection to a client that a colleague wrote for me however I cannot seem to send anything.

Some help and guidance at this early stage would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Lee.